Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT)
The Florida Outreach Center for the Blind is seeking a Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT) to oversee its programs in Independent Living, Technology and Braille Reading and Orientation and Mobility. The successful applicant will report directly to the Executive Director and coordinate with the Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist (COMS). In addition to instruction, the successful applicant will be responsible for setting up and directing an interdisciplinary team approach to initial, in progress and exit assessments and ensuring that FOCB ‘s quality standards and philosophy are upheld in all tasks undertaken.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a small but dedicated organization that prides itself in its blind leading the blind approach to gaining and retaining independence for the blind and visually impaired. Founded in 2003 by its executive director who is blind since her teenage years, FOCB employs the blind as instructors as much as possible. Its IL and Braille instructors and Technology Specialist are all blind or visually impaired. Its board must always be at least 50% blind or visually impaired.
If you are up to this unique challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Possesses and maintains an active CVRT certification
- Associate degree or higher
- Have transportation or be able to use public transportation
- May be an independent contractor or become an employee
This position may be either full or part time. Hours can be flexible.
Salary range: Negotiable, commensurate with experience and whether full, part time, or contract.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Carolyn Lapp, Executive Director at 2315 S. Congress Avenue, Palm Springs, FL 33406, or email: email@example.com. Phone: 561-642-0005
Reports To: Executive Director
Employee Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Assist executive director and senior staff with diverse administrative and outreach activities. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing and social media applications. Requires organizational skills for multi-tasking and ability to learn new programs and systems. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing acknowledgement letters for donors
- Developing agency newsletters and other marketing materials
- Managing agency website content
- Assisting with data entry, filing and monthly reports
- Assisting with coordination of volunteer activities
- Answering and providing support for telephone calls and inquiries
- Monitoring facility for any needed cleaning and repairs
- Other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of Associate Degree and or 2-4 years of experience in administrative support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; must include knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Ability to learn Quick Books and other data entry programs.
- Must be willing to accept flexible scheduling.
- Professional, proactive, flexible, honest and mature.
- Excellent Time Management Skills and work ethics.
- Solution oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (team working, confident, self-aware) with ability to work with a diverse population.
- Able to prioritize and work both independently and with team members.
Position Status: 32 Hours Weekly/Monday through Friday schedule
- Salary range: $38,000 – $40,000